In its mission to process aqueous samples for the analysis of TOC, total inorganic carbon (TIC), and non-purgeable organic carbon (NPOC), the Aurora 1030C has been known to reduce maintenance costs. Built with a patented* dual chamber combustion reactor for employing the high temperature combustion technique, the 1030C’s first reactor chamber contains a bed of quartz to protect the platinum catalyst in the second chamber from deposition of noncombustible constituents, and ensures consistent oxidation conditions for stable blanks. As a result, this reactor design extends catalyst life and reduces instrument maintenance costs.
The high temperature combustion technique is most effective for analysis of samples containing high molecular weight, difficult-to-oxidize organics (e.g; humic acid) at levels > 500 ppb C. The Aurora 1030C supports USEPA-approved methods, Standard Methods, ASTM, DIN/ISO/CEN, and EU Methods in the applications of: drinking water, wastewater, ground water, surface water, the disinfection byproduct rule, potable water, and seawater.
Improve sample throughput and productivity with these options…
- 1030D Dual Oxidation Mode Analyzer option performs both high temperature combustion and heated persulfate wet oxidation techniques on the same instrument (with manual adjustment)
- An 88-position rotary autosampler fits directly underneath the 1030C to conserve bench space
- ATOC software provides fully automated data collection, analysis, reporting, and storage in a LAN/LIMS environment
- Multi-stream sampling module for at-line monitoring of up to four process streams
- 1030S Solids Module operates in conjunction with a 1030C analyzer to combust solid materials for analysis of TC or TOC
Aurora 1030C Features:
- Wide operational range, 100 ppb C to 30,000 ppm C
- Supports TC/TIC/TOC/NPOC analysis techniques and standard measurements
- Advanced ACT II combustion reactor technology (patent pending) enhances performance, extends catalyst life, and reduces maintenance
- Optional analysis module for total nitrogen (TNb)
- Upgradable to a platform capable of performing both combustion and wet heated persulfate TOC analysis techniques